BrickLayer Helper (Labourer)
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team.
Assist bricklayers and stone masons by performing duties such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work the area and equipment.
- Erect and dismantle scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Clean installations surfaces, equipment tools, work sites, and storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lanses, or polishing machines.
- Cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or other tools. Supply materials to masons for installation.
- Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, according to standard formulas either manually or by using machines.
- Provide assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, and/or rebuilding of brick, or stone surfaces.
- Remove damaged brick, or mortar, and clean and prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, and metal wire anchors.
- Apply caulk, sealants, or other agents to installed surfaces.
- Apply grout between joints of bricks or tiles, uisng grouting trowels.
- Remove excess grout and residue, using grouting trowels.
- Load and unload construction materials, arrange and store materials, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Transport materials, tools or machines to job sites.
Work Experience& Skills
Previous work-related experience is preferred.
Must possess a valid Manitoba drivers license.