We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team.
Lay and bind building materials, such as brick, concrete block, cinder block, glass block, and stone, with mortar and other substances to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, and other structures.
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to layout work, using plumb bobs and levels.
- Calculate angles and courses and determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
- Break or cut bricks, tiles, or block or stone to size, using trowel edge, hammer, or power saw.
- Select and prepare mortars.
- Lay bricks , concrete block, glass block and various types of stone for new build and repair/restoration projects.
- Remove and replace existing maonry work for repairs.
- Build interior/exterior walls, partitions, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications.
- Install insulation in masonry walls.
- Reinforce masonry structures with bolts, tiebars or metal mesh.
- Other activities as directed.
Experiences and Skills
Previous work related skill, knowledge, or experience is necessary, specifically completing apprenticeship requirements.